Montclair Kimberley Academy values a richly diverse school community. The financial aid program helps us achieve this goal by awarding tuition assistance grants to students and families with established financial need.
Requests for financial aid are confidential and are not considered by the Admissions Committee. The Financial Aid Committee considers a request for aid after the student has been recommended for admission by the Admissions Committee. The Financial Aid Program at MKA does not begin until the sixth grade. Current MKA families with children entering the sixth grade, as well as prospective MKA families, may apply for financial aid. All financial assistance at MKA is need-based. MKA does not provide any merit scholarships to students.
Families seeking financial aid must complete a confidential financial statement each year. Financial aid information is sent in November to all families who request it, and on a rolling basis thereafter. To request information, please call the Admissions Office or check the Financial Aid box on the application for admission. MKA like many other independent schools relies upon the services of TADS, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota to process our financial aid applications. The financial aid forms may be completed online beginning in November 2012 at www.mytads.com, you will be guided through the application process.
How to Apply for Financial Aid at MKA
Financial aid is available for students in grades 6-12.
Families who are in the process of applying for admission to MKA: Please check the appropriate box on the Admissions Application. We will send you information about Montclair Kimberley Academy’s Financial Aid Program and policies. You may begin the financial aid application process after November 1, 2012 at www.mytads.com, you will be guided through the application process.
Current MKA Families: Please contact the admissions office and ask to be placed on the financial aid information mailing list as soon as possible. You may begin the financial aid application process after November 1, 2012 at www.mytads.com, you will be guided through the application process.
* Families who anticipate needing financial aid at any time during their child's career at The Montclair Kimberley Academy should apply for aid at the time of the admissions application.
* It is not possible for Montclair Kimberley Academy to consider new requests for financial assistance after admission decisions are made.
* Students who apply for financial aid may be in a more competitive situation for admission to Montclair Kimberley Academy.
* Financial aid is available primarily to United States citizens.
* MKA reserves the right to request additional financial aid information from financial aid applicants or their parents at anytime.
ALL financial aid materials must be sent directly to TADS by February 1, 2013
800 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
The following must be submitted to TADS no later than February 1, 2013.
* The TADS application for financial aid may be started as early as November 1, 2012. You are encouraged to complete the application online at www.mytads.com to speed processing time. You may contact TADS customer service, 800-477-8237, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST). Help at TADS is also available through live chat on their website and email at firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to questions about completing the application.
Paper forms are available by request from TADS customer service, 800-477-8237. Signed copies of your family's 2012 federal tax return (1040), including all supporting schedules and forms. Current MKA families, who are re-applying for financial aid, will need to re-submit these forms to TADS during the 2012-2013 school year.
* 2011 W-2s and/or 1099s (if applicable)
* 2012 W-2s and/or 1099s (if applicable)
* Non-US residents: submit official Income/Asset Verification Forms for 2009 such as foreign tax returns and/or wage statements.
* The IRS 4506-T or 4506T EZ form. These forms are used to verify tax returns that are submitted as part of the financial aid application process. The IRS 4506T EZ is a short form transcript request for taxpayers who are not business owners or in partnerships.
The following must be submitted to TADS as soon as possible:
Any award that is made prior to receiving a 2012 tax return or income verification forms is tentative. This documentation is required in order to make a final award of financial aid.
* Signed copy of your 2012 Federal Tax return, including all supporting schedules and forms.
* Non-US residents: submit official Income/Asset Verification Forms for 2012 such as foreign tax returns and/or wage statements.
* In a divorced or separated family, a separate TADS application for financial aid must be submitted for each household.
If you have questions about the financial aid process, please call TADS Customer Service: 800-477-8237 or Sarah Rowland, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Yuri Francis, Associate Director of Upper School Admissions and Financial Aid, or Danielle Guidi, Assistant to the Director of Financial Aid at 973-509-7930.